Monday, November 10, 2014

Meet And Greet

G and I went to a progressive dinner on Saturday night.
It consisted of an appetizer stop,
 
where I brought these crostini.  They are store bought crostini with a shmear of pesto, a piece of medium rare marinaded flank steak with a dollop of creme fraiche and chive.  I also brought the reuben balls and dip but it was so hectic to get them out of the oven hot, on the serving platter and into the car (in the rain) that I neglected to take a picture.    

We also went to the main course (chicken of all kinds) with a side and then dessert, which we took a pass on.  It was lots of fun!

I went to a 'craft' session at a new acquaintance's house, Donna, to compile little planters.  There were lots of us that showed up.  It is for a fund raiser that is scheduled right after we head north so I will not be able to attend.

The sun was so bright that we had to close the blinds, hence the poor picture.


Donna was really into shells and what you could make with them.  That was her inspiration to compile all these lean cuisine containers full of shell creations.

There were little cups with styrofoam, spanish moss, and other fillers including balls and leaves that we could use for the little flower arrangements.
 
I think in a couple hours we managed to do close to fifty of the little flower arrangements.  I have survived another meet and greet.

Today I have a new member meeting of yet another group I joined.  This one is more philanthropic than social.  I wanna keep busy!

2 comments:

maggie z. said...

i am so thrilled that you are meeting so many new people easily...what a nice change this must be for you guys!

Robbie said...

I can't imagine you NOT meeting people easily! Too busy for pin curls as my aunt would say!