Sunday, November 09, 2014

Purchasing Power

I couldn't come home without a couple purchases from the Village of the Arts First Friday.  I got this

masterpiece of a pig on a three wheeler.  It was only $36!  What a shocker.   And it's a good size; probably 12 inches wide (the bike).  I am a sucker for a bargain and a circle.

I refrained from purchasing this yard art (surely the neighborhood has restrictions for tacky as I have not seen one of those shadow marlboro man in any yard and haven't yet seen any two garage doors adorned with 'his' and 'hers'.)  I think the body is made up of the end of a crib.  It just caught my eye.
 
The mobile of broken glasses and sunglasses caught G's eye.  He exclaimed that he currently had enough crap eyewear to make one of his own.  That cinched the, not purchasing it, dilemma.
 
This was whimsy and I liked it but did not purchase it.  I now wish I did.  I have the perfect spot for it and it's in your room!


This chardonnay bottle body of a fish just had to come home with me.  It was the perfect matchy matchy thing to put on my new table centered in my new

furniture grouping on the studio screened-in porch.  It's all coming together!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I love going to the outdoor fairs in Florida...lots of unique items..not crafty at all!!