Friday, January 16, 2015

Armed

My biggest gripe of all times:  Where did sleeves go?

 
Finally someone  (Wall Street Journal) addressed the age old problem of covering up the arms, be it old or young, the problem still exists.  Little toddlers have to wear sweaters on Christmas?  What's with that?  A couple years ago I looked and looked for winter dresses for my nieces and they were all sleeveless.  And older wrinkly, flabby under arms do not need to be prancing around, flapping in the wind!  And yes, I was looking in the mirror when I typed that last sentence.

Unfortunately the article  did nothing to change the problem; it just addressed it and discussed the myriad reasons why designers have pretty much nixed sleeves.  Reasons are pretty selfish if you ask me.  They don't fit right, they restrict movement, bla bla bla.

The quick fix?  I could say a shawl but that still leaves the occasional flab movement in adjusting the fallen shawl.  The better fix is


Sleevey Wonders.  If Stevie Wonder could see, would he be offended?  Don't know.  Anyway, these are great.  Since I bought a white one (pictured and not used yet) and a black one (worn several times) I checked the website and they now have many more choices from elbow length and 3/4 length and long sleeves.  The initial choices were sheer but now they have solid fabrics too.  They are reversible so if you need a V neck you wear it one way and if you want a scoop you wear it another way.  Check it out.  I wish I thought of this!

1 comment:

Irene said...

What gets me is our temperatures have been below freezing for weeks, maybe even months, yet all the female newscasters, etc. ALL have sleeveless dresses on - it makes me cold just looking at them.