Sunday, January 25, 2015

Artsy Fartsy

We went to an art fair yesterday in St. Armand's Key and after the first hour, I decided that I just may frequent art fairs too much. I couldn't find anything that I hadn't already seen for the most part. After a while the stuff looks gimmicky. That is until I wondered into this booth.

 
I think it was the unique design element that got my attention.  These wooden fish are hooked on plywood with just enough elevation to make it stand out.

Each one is a completely different from one another.


The fish are all painted using an air brush.


I'm not crazy about the silver 'bottom' finish these trout are
swimming in but it definitely makes a statement.

The artist is John Gibson out of Minnesota and he's a nice guy too.

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

Those are very different.