Monday, February 02, 2015

A Bright New Day!

I am over the moon! I have 95% of the LAST contender for the special show I was invited to submit to. The actual show isn't until 2016 but the photos of the top need to be done by March 20th. The finished quilts aren't due until the fall but the way that I have constructed mine calls for them to be quilted to construct the entire top so I pretty much have both quilts done nine months before they are required to be completed. I don't know if I would do it again. I am getting too old for stress!


We quilters are having a wonderful time in the sunshine while the North is being pounded with show. We haven't seen the halftime show yet, (busy, ya know) but I do have it taped.

 
Another top that got completed yesterday.  This is Annes and it's pretty eye catching.  Everyone else is busy with many projects.  Today Anne and I will be joined by a local gal, Linda, to construct a quilt top that is all the same but with some different colors.  It will be interesting to see how that goes.  You'll know tomorrow!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Just be glad you and the quilters are not at home in Illinois/Indiana. We have had 18" of snow since Saturday night. Yikes...thank goodness for a snowblower.

Corky said...

How big are the blocks in Anne's quilt? It's really nice.

Gayle from MI said...

Yep! Tons of snow here. But that's why I like living here 😆