Saturday, February 07, 2015

The Airing of The Quilts

I have to leave early to attend the first Airing of the Quilts sponsored by the Sarasota Modern Quilt Guild, of which I am a member. It's a quilt show and sale at the beach. It's today, Feb. 7th,  from 10 to 4 at the Maxine Baritt Park, beachfront near the pier. The address is 1800 S. Harbor Drive, Venice, Florida (south of Sharky's Restaurant). It's free and open to the public. I will be hanging 6 of my quilts. Quilt turning will go on throughout the day. Food trucks will be serving gourmet breakfast, lunch and dessert items. There will be lots of quilt market fabrics and kits on sale. Come on over and say hi. I'll be there all day!!


Let's take a quick look at some more quilt tops that were completed during our quilting vaca.
Jean Ann had some leftover stuff from her Elvis quilt and made a pillow out of what was left.   It looks more like a teenager would want it than a middle aged lady!

 
Peggy finished making and placing the cut up panel animals to complete the top for a baby quilt.


Anne put this grand work of art together in no time.  I like it so much, I went on line and ordered the group of fabrics.  It's Moda and the collection is called Comma.

1 comment:

Peggie said...

Love following your blog. Is there a pattern for the quilt that used the Comma fabrics?