Friday, February 13, 2015

The Orchid Show


We went to the Orchid Show in Venice.  It was very crowded with people.  Lots of orchids were growing out of odd pieces of wood and bark.
 
I can't say that I have ever seen a dotted swiss one before!
 
This one had a bit of hair growth.
 
I really love the ones with tons of very long air roots.

Most of my pictures were barely recognizable because of the crowds of people and the
crowds of flowers, one on top of another.

These are two examples of the flowers growing
 
out from the roots.  That's a new one for me.

I really think some of these and the thirty something I didn't post, are hard to make out all the parts.


It's pretty much the same when you are up front of them, because they are not sitting on their own for one to photograph.

Every now and then the wall of people part and I can get a snazzy pic.
 




This one was spectacular.


And this too was worthy of a quilt.

I didn't buy anything because the thought of it was exhausting!  It was fragrant and beautiful tho'.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I love orchids but now that we head south I gave up...can't find enough people to keep them and then they over water!!! Came home our first winter to a dead 20! year old orchid!!! Yes...20 years old!!!
Also, your ears...ok, may not...should have been burning today. I was showing my friend your pics from the quilt show.