Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Wallenda Show


I don't think I had been to the circus since I was a kid. I remember being so excited when I was young that we were going to the circus that I couldn't nap, which was a necessity because the circus was at night. I remember lots of animals and a certain smell.   Well that has all changed.

There were four fat hogs doing lame tricks but it was hokey, like it should have been on Captain Kangaroo.  Otherwise, mostly european acts that featured gymnastic skills, juggling, hula hoop and the like.  It was very entertaining.  But the cream on the top with an added cherry was the Wallenda's.
 
Nik in particular.  He was amazing, as was his entourage.

 
This is Nik and his helper and his 60 something mother in the center.  She actually sits down on the wire and he crosses over her.


Nik and helper with a girl on a wire going from standing to the splits
 
This was the nerve wracking pyramid with his mom on top.  You could hear a pin drop.

This is a great picture of them disembarking.  Most of the pictures didn't turn out because of so much movement.

And they even thanked us for risking their life for our entertainment.  Wow, something is wrong with that!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

We were going to go to the Ringling museum but never made it. I"ll have to tell my sister about the circus....the high wire acts scare the daylights out of me!!!
And to think I actually went ziplining! Go figure!