Saturday, March 07, 2015

First Installment - FKQG Quilt Show

Even if you can't join me in this mighty fine weather, you can, by way of moi, go to a Florida quilt show.  I have a jam packed day, including a stint at the quilt show, so I will only tantalize you a little bit with some of the many, many beautiful quilts.  But not to worry, I will share them all with you.


I love the colors in this quilt and I know my friend Anne would live this design, right Anne?  The name of this is 'Route 66 - in Illinois' and it was pieced by Linda West and long arm quilted by Rose Ryan.

You need to see this in person.  Can you get here before 4 p.m.?  Every single apron is adorable.  The name of this is 'Aprons Then And Again

and the whole thing is done by Shirley McMath.  Can you see the little safety pins at the top of the apron?  I remember way back when I saw this very thing on old ladies.  Not that there is anything wrong with old ladies.  I should know!

If I had to guess I would say that there is a disc for an embroidery machine that has aprons on it,  Or, could she be this good?

About my favorite of the whole show and it's a baby size; probably only 24 or so inches tall but what a punch it packs.  It was done by Rose Ryan (yeah she is also the long armer from the first quilt).  The name of it is 'Slow Curves'.

'Miss Addie' was done by Charlotte Hase as well as this next one called

'Liberated Strings' and both were long armed by Cindye Baily.  The thread work is amazing.

Jane Perin did this quilt called 'Smiling Daisies' and I can  sure see where she got the name.  It makes me smile!


You don't see much shibori anymore but here it is and a lovely example of it.  I am particularly fond of
 
the hand quilting, especially the circles!  It is called 'Inspiration' and was done by Jann Warfield.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Lovely...thanks for the trip and I didn't even leave the couch!