Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Progressions

I happened to be at a job at the quilt show that was right next to the silent auction signup so I got to be hands on in obtaining a wonderful quilt that was donated by Pam Morris with the permission or rather the heads up of the world known quilt maker, Carol Taylor, who gifted it to Pam. Now it's mine!!


It wasn't home a half hour before it was up on my wall.  It's a temporary hold right now but I have the little brain working on a perfect way of mounting it.  Right now, push pins will suffice. The name of the quilt is 'Progressions' and it could hang vertically or horizontally and I chose the latter.


It is pieced silk with couched cord, fringed silk
   
and other decorative threads as embellishments.  I can't stop

looking at it's detailed piecing.  And it's MINE!

3 comments:

Synthia said...

Lucky, lucky you!!! It's gorgeous. AND it's found a good, appreciative home. (smile)

Denise from Sacramento said...

That is stunning. And silk too! All I can say is WOW.

linda sperling said...

....and all I can say is WOW too!
xxx