Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Little Cuban Style

We had dinner out with our Traveling Forks group. It was my turn to choose a restaurant and I picked Columbia, the cuban eatery that was established in 1905. Last year, I went to the one in Tampa and loved it, especially the salad, so it was a no brainer to pick it.

There were eight of us; there can be as many as 14 but that has never happened.  We get together once a month, the 4th Wednesday.  We had calamari and salads and it didn't occur to me to get out the mobile camera until all the entrees were brought table side.

Cuban food is right up there with Puerto Rican as far as being a little, drab on the plating looks.  This
 
paella G ordered is the exception to that rule.  The peas help and the zoomy plate gave it an extra zing.

 
This is more what I think of picturing when I think of cuban food.  It is a pompano fish cooked in parchment paper.  The taste was fantastic.


Linda got fried shrimp wrapped in thin bacon and marinated and then deep fried.  What's not to like.


Her hubby Jerry got a sampler of lots of meat, black beans and rice and yuca.  We had a grand time.  I'll take you there next time you come to visit.

No comments: