Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fibonacci Style



We enjoyed a day of doing improv the fibonacci way.   Fibonacci is a mathematical sequence of numbers (1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21…)   It starts with 1; 1 + 1 = 2: 2 + 1 = 3; 3 + 2 = 5; 5 + 3 = 8; 8 + 5 = 13; 13 + 8 = 21……  The thought is that the fibonacci sizing of blocks lends itself to more balanced and pleasing blocks.  Here we are looking at examples of some quilts made with this mathematical method. I can't show you the quilts because they are going into a book on this very method.

I turned around and took a shot of our workroom with no one working.

I thought you would like to see my own private space.  Attractive, yeah?

These are just some of the examples of the blocks framed.

Everyone is pretty much the same but with everyone's different

taste in fabrics, they lend themselves to different looks.

This one is my first one.  I am making placemats out of them.  It was fun.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I understood not a word of this method, but I love your placemats and know that the important part is that you understand it!

Robbie said...

Fun!

Mike said...

I love the placemat style. Very nice.