Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Let's Hear It For Happy Hour!

I just realized that I never posted this in the morning. It was just on my computer without being published. Oh well, I will post it now.

I had a great time at the 'bee' yesterday and got a lot done.  I wanted to make three big pillows to remain on my desk chair, sewing chair and couch because back never hits the back of the chair and causes me to take ibuprofen a little more often than I'd like.  I went to the current magazine Modern Patchwork, for an idea for pillow piecing designs and chose the one on the cover of the mag called hourglass.  I cut it out Sunday night to take to the all day 'bee'.  These blocks
 
started out at six inches and ended up being cut down to a 4" block of half square triangles.  I am working on them again today.

I just love this little hand made ironing board that my friend Lynn brought to the sew fest.  Isn't it adorable?


I want one!!!!

After arriving home yesterday G and I went to Brio for happy hour on friends recommendations.  I thing the apps are more than half off.  They were really great prices and they tasted primo.

The most raved about was the eggplant and shrimp with black pepper cream sauce.  You just gotta try it.  It was wonderful.

We also got crispy cheese ravioli and it was great too.  In fact, the portions were so large that we took home most of the ravioli to eat later.  I am still thinking about it!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I don't know about you but all this eating out during winter in Florida has put on about 3-5 lbs. on me!!! And I even walk 2-3 miles a day and do 7 min. exercise routine!!! I almost hate to say I'll be glad to get back to Michigan...getting tired of eating out! HA!