Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sewing Shopping

I went for my sewing machine lesson but didn't know I had to lug the big heavy machine in to the store so they set up a Bernina 880 Sterling for me to use



which was pretty much a waste of time because the machines are so different.  But it did get me in the store to make some purchases.  That's probably the reason for the lessons anyway!


I got this bobbin case that can be filled with yarns, small ribbons, metallic or rubber threads; pretty much anything that can take the place of regular yarn.  This would be the time when you use the bobbin for your thread work on the top.  I think I will play around with that.

 
I was supposed to get a new foot for my machine called the patchwork 1/4" but they are back ordered so they loaned me a 37 to use in the mean time.  It is very hard to sew 1/4" seams when you are used to the correct sized foot.


And of course, you can never have too many bobbins even tho' these new ones hold twice as much thread ad the old ones.

1 comment:

sophie said...

I assume it's the #57 foot you're waiting for (1/4 inch patchwork foot)? If so, it's identical to the #37 loaner, except the #57 has the metal edge added. Measurement-wise, though, they are both 1/4 inch feet.