Tuesday, May 12, 2015

In With The New

I am very surprised that out of the sixty two boxes I had delivered from IKEA I only had one bad apple.

 

I should have known when I went to open the box that there may be something wrong.  Now, you gotta know as an IKEA worker guy that having a box sent out like this is blatant.  Actually I was surprised that there wasn't more damage inside.


One drawer (out of 24) was damaged.  Unfortunately I will not be here when the replacement comes.  It takes 7 to 10 days (how ridiculous!)  But my house sitter will get it for me and I will do the last drawer when I get back in September.


My ass is killing me.  I was up and down on the floor more times than I can count.  But lookie, lookie.  3 out of the 4 compartments are complete, minus a couple shelves in each and the doors.  I did not put the frames up.  My handy guy did it and is doing the last one now and then he will do the doors.  I can't wait to fill up the 23 drawers.  And, they are twice as deep as my prior shelving was.  Maybe I can get all my hand dyed and commercial under doors.  That would be something!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

WOW! Don't know what else to say other than WOW!

Denise from Sacramento said...

They look beautiful! Can hardly wait to see them with fabric.