Friday, May 01, 2015

The Neighborhood

We had a great neighborhood gathering of 14 last night for a pot luck.  We had apps, mushroom soup (from me) a salad, meatloaf, cornbread, a noodle salad with vegies and shrimp, roasted vegies and two desserts.  It was great fun.

This morning we gathered at Kathy's house for Stitch and Bitch..  I worked on some Days For Girls bags and knitting while Kathy herself put on binding on a baby quilt she quilted here yesterday.  Linda went through my new quilt magazines and knitted and Janie did needlework.


Kathy opened a package that contained this lovely pendant.  It is to cut threads with.  Clever, clever.

While recently at Cabela's, I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me." 

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When The hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader. 

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little clearer. I still do not think I looked that bad.

My girlfriend sent this to me and I found it extremely funny.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

We're heading back tomorrow...boo hoo...sad to leave our friends but I'm happy to see my family! Enjoy the rest of your time!!!

SpikeMuffin said...

Freeze some corn bread and meatloaf for me!

Gayle from MI said...

Sounds like fun. We tried to get something similar going here but our neighborhood is pretty diverse age wise, with everyone still working, so finding a date where everyone was available proved impossible. Glad you are enjoying your new neighborhood!