Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Loving The Process

I usually spend a couple days with thumb and index finger on the brown side and having a definite basil odor when processing

 

the basil plants.  What I do is fill up a laundry basket with the hacked off basil stems, one at a time, and bring in it and two big bowls and plunk myself down in front of the Food Network and separate leaf from stem.  When I have one bowl (Mix and Fix Tuperware bowl that holds 26 cups) filled I go to the kitchen and get out my eight cup measuring cup and fill it with basil leaves and wash each one and then put it on a towel to dry.  Every now and then I go by and fluff it to get all the leave sides dry.  I measure it dry because after it is wet it shrinks up and then the basil is too strong because it takes a lot more leaves to make one bowl in the food processor.


This very adorable contraption was gifted to me by my dear friend Regina.

 

 http://www.jokari.com/Products/G_169306.html

Here is the link.  It works way better than sticking the baggie in a glass.  The arms are strong and
adjustable to hold all sizes of bags and the best thing of all is that the arms fold down to store it in a drawer.  I have the very best friends.

I have 36 baggies in the freezer just waiting for some pesto to be eaten.

No comments: