Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Whittling Down The List

Now I am back at my to do list.  Even tho' I have completed things on the list, the list seems to grow.  Something that I was gonna do while in Florida has finally been completed and sent to Florida to the coordinator of our Cause A Stir Kitchen Club and that is the chef and sous chef aprons that I promised to make.   The aprons themselves were no big deal but the spacing and lack of any knowledge  regarding my embroidery part of the sewing machine was reason alone to put it off for several months.

I decided to get out the directions and go for it.  It wasn't at all daunting as I first thought it would be.



 
The main thing was programming two lines of letters with different sized letters.  I didn't have a clue as to how to do it so I did them one at a time and it worked out fine.  In fact, I think they are cute.  The design was based on a pillow that my friend Jayne sent me that said Cause A Stir.  I know I have a picture of the pillow but for the life of me, I can't find it.   I am glad that job has  been crossed off my list.

Next up is the assembling of the paper pieced dogs that I previously made for


a lap quilt for the humane society auction coming up in the fall.  I have committed to the Florida one this year.  I have not gotten any recognition or even a thank you for my contributions to the society here so I am going to restrict myself to donating a little money and towels and put my greater efforts somewhere where they will be appreciated.  Boy, am I getting old!!!

No comments: