Friday, August 21, 2015

My Kind Of Town

I forgot to show you some of the sights that Jayne and I checked out on our recent get together in Chicago.
 

First up was a scenic ride around the lakefront on segways.  It took a bit to learn the ways of riding them but then it was very fun.  I was very cautious, not wanting to fall off.  It was lots of fun and we saw lots of great Chicago attractions.  Of course, I had seen it all before but on a segway, it was a different way of looking at them.  Here we are in front of Buckingham Fountain on the lake front.



We met up with the birthday party of the St. Lauderdale group on top of the Wit Hotel.



This is the lobby of the Chicago Athletic Association.  It has been totally redone and is amazing.  The objects floating on the ceiling are orbs of copper.  Word has it that they are very heavy.




The bar in the CAA is very funny.  It faces a round parking structure and makes for good 'car watching' rather than the normal people watching.

 

I just love this metal sculpture of commuters in the rain.  I would be the one without the umbrella!

My internet friends, Gayle, Robbie, Irene and Mary Ann are coming for the weekend today.  I had better get crackin' !

No comments: