Wednesday, August 05, 2015

The Quilting Process

This week is all about long arming.  I have three queen sized scrap quilts to quilt, plus my jelly roll



quilt top I did with my friends this past weekend.  First up was the jelly roll quilt.  Because the coordinating fabric is full of circles I chose circles to use for the quilting.  It was time because I chose a pattern that I didn't know how to link together and the pattern was two circles.  There were 16 circles in a row so I tied off and restarted 8 times in each row.  It was a bit more time consuming but it was also fast enough so that I could get all the little pieces of thread off the quilt.  I did a lot of ripping out so there were a lot of threads.

The quilting  is finished and I started to do the binding last night.



Scrap quilt number uno has a leaf print on it.  You can probably click on the picture to see it better.  It is
off the machine, quilted and the second scrap quilt is on the machine waiting for me.  My day looms ahead.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

You are productive, aren't you!