Monday, September 14, 2015

A Close Call

Some girls got together yesterday to visit Kathy, who recently had surgery on her rotator cuff and tricep. She had multiple tears and has been suffering for more than a year. She seems to be on the mend but it will be a long process of physical therapy after the sling thing is removed in a few weeks. She seems to be in good spirits and is so looking forward to having more movement on her right side. Way to go Kathy!


I had put everything I brought for the studio away, only to take stuff out and make a big mess in all of
the studio's rooms. I decided

 

to do some busy work while getting the ideas in my head for my next new quilt.

I had a bad scare while traveling south due to leaving a back seat window cracked and forgetting to close it for the night. There was massive rains and the quilts that were stretched out in the backseat got wet. One that is to go to the Texas Quilt Museum for a show was on the top and got pretty wet. It contained hand dyes that I had done years ago and I don't always trust my removing all excess dye. My worry was for naught because the quilt was just fine. Phew! That will be my lesson of not leaving a window open even a crack!

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

Yikes! That would be scary. Glad it worked out.