Sunday, October 18, 2015

Modern Stuff


I had a dinner party on Friday night consisting of my daughter Maggie's marinaded flank steak along with mushroom risotto with peas and a lovely salad that I had never made before.  It is called Warm Butter Lettuce Salad with Hazelnuts.  I used pistachios instead of hazelnuts because I couldn't find them.  It is a a great tasting salad.  I will add it to my Tommy Cooks soon.  We had a very good Carrot and Pineapple cake that Linda made.

Then yesterday was a full day of the Sarasota Modern Quilt Guild.



This is a fibonacci quilt top that was done in a class at the Manatee Quilt Guild that one of the Modern gals showed us.

We are putting our heads together for some ideas for hand made things to sell in a boutique at our February 6th, 2016, Airing of the Quilts at Maxine Baritt Park in Venice, FL (right next to Sharkys on the water).  I volunteered to join others in heading up the boutique.



One of the suggestions were for fabric cards using scraps and sewing them on.  I made a variation of a sewn card a few years ago that I think I will revive to make for the boutique.




I desperately need to make this chair cushion.  The chairs at the Modern meeting hall are too short for the tables.  I will need to get my son in law to cut me a wooden base.





Barbara finished up this quilt she called 'Deconstructed 9 Patch'.



Nan made this rope bowl out of a natural fiber.  She jazzed it up by wrapping some selvage around a small
 

portion of the rope, just to give it a little more interest.

 

This is another quilt top of Barbara's she finished this past summer.

 

Margy did this adorable quilt that is very fun.  It consists of freeform butterflies, flowers, houses, trees and stars.




Lastly another fibonacci quilt that was completely finished.  Love love the Moda colors

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I always enjoy show and tell...especially when I don't have to get up off the couch to go and see the! Thanks for the share!

pam in sw florida said...

thanks for the nice update as I missed the meeting. very cool quilts and bowl. the cards would be a good project. I make cards, also, and they are different.
a good thought