Saturday, October 31, 2015

Up Up In The Air

I went out to get a cab at the hotel to take me to the airport. I got into a car that didn’t look like a cab. Were they kidnapping me? An old bag lady leaving Houston for Tampa? Getting in the car, I immediately asked if this was a cab.The driver said no, it’s an uber and then proceeded out of the parking area and into traffic and began texting. I said, don’t you have to tell the people you are driving that you are an uber? No, he said, you should have known. By now I was starting to get pissed. I said, don’t you have rules about texting while in a car and driving? No, plus I was texting so that I find out what gate you were leaving from. Then, I said, if you were doing that, you should pull over to the side of the road. I mentioned that I am heartily against texting or even looking at your phone while driving. He mentioned that he wasn’t on an expressway and I pointed out that he was still driving a moving vehicle with me in the backseat, and I was paying his $60 before tip for the half hour drive. He said he had four kids and I said, then think of them while you are texting. He kept going on and on and so I then told him to not talk to me anymore. I only gave him a $10 tip.

I told G and he said that uber isn’t even supposed to take cash, which I gave him and that no person driving should be texting even without a passenger.


I looked for a number or some identification on the inside of the car but there was none.  I got took.

I am now gonna edit all the pictures I took at the show.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Hmmmmm You should go to their web site (in your spare time!) and report this...just sayin!

SpikeMuffin said...

Doubt that was Uber. You have to order specifically from them and no cash is needed. Must be some form of gypsy operation. Definitely inquire with Uber, you're lucky it ended "okay".

SpikeMuffin said...

Doubt that was Uber. You have to order specifically from them and no cash is needed. Must be some form of gypsy operation. Definitely inquire with Uber, you're lucky it ended "okay".

Margie said...

We used uber in San Francisco and loved them. They were engaged by smart phone and no cash was involved.