Wednesday, November 11, 2015

An Early Thanksgiving

This month our Cause A Stir Kitchen Club was at Sharyn house and because it was in November she decided on doing her favorite holiday meal; Thanksgivng!

 We all helped her with miss en place and that was fun to have hands on what we are going to eat. I did a lot of pear prep, both bartlet and bosc.

 

We started out with some honey roasted nuts, a wonderful shrimp dip and some boursin cheese and crackers.  That was followed by a wonderful salad of arugula, steamed grapes and pear, all tossed with a lemon shallot vinaigrette.  The preparation of the grapes was to toss them in olive oil (and I would some kosher salt) and place in a 250ยบ oven for 2 1/2 hours.  Yum!



There were two types of dressings, one with cornbread and now I can't remember what else was in it; the other one was regular bread with sausage, pear, nuts and some other stuff.  I have been waiting for the recipes but I haven't got them yet.

Two different types of cranberries too.  I'm not a big fan of cranberries, Thanksgiving style.



Here is Sharyn using the electric knife to slice the turkey.  It was the moistest turkey I have ever had.  She says it's because she uses Dry Brine from Williams Sonoma.  It was fantastic.

The meal was followed by a Pumpkin Cheesecake, which I did not try.  And anyway, it couldn't have topped her turkey.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

makes me looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving dinner now!!! Yum!