Saturday, November 07, 2015

Back To Basics

I truly can't believe how fast the internet was today. I have had the slowest downloading for a couple weeks and it was near driving me to stop blogging. As it is, my Scrabble playing almost came to a screeching halt due to the slowness. I guess complaining sometimes works and I have done plenty of that.

Yesterday was filled to the brim with Stitch and Bitch followed by lunch and Mahjong. I can't say my days are boring! 

Today I have to play catchup in the studio and go to the second to last play practice. The murder mystery dinner is less than a week away. I am blocking out an hour today to practice my lines. My outfit is complete except for some hair accessory, which is still in the planning stages. Now it is time to go to the Quilt Show!


 

This polar bear is done by Martha Wolfe and is called 'Challenge 7 - Isojörn'.

 

It was machine pieced and quilted.




The next two quilts were done by Misik Kim.  This one is 'Challenge 7 - Environment and Ecology'




It is hand and machine embellished and embroidered and machine pieced.




Her next piece is 'Challenge 9 - Drawing'



It was both machine pieced and quilted and embellished.




'Have A Nice Day!'  is a digitized and computer assisted software, with blackwork
embroidery.

 

It is machine appliquéd and quilted.

 

It depicts all types of employment.

 

The background appears to be commercial fabric.  You can spend a lot of time looking
at all the detail.



This is a lovely variation of the log cabin block done by Brigitte Morgenroth.
It is called 'Landstriche - Swaths of Land'.  It is machine pieced and hand quilted.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Love that log cabin! Very clever...