Monday, November 16, 2015

Downton Marathon



Yesterday turned out to be the longest day of my life. We left the house, after kicking Janie out, to go to the club for the 9 hole couples event. So I am thinking three hours, tops. We were at the driving range loosening up when we found out it was 18 holes. Maybe once I did that in 65 years, maybe once, but I'm not even sure about that. It doesn't sound like me. Well, I toughed it out with minimal complaining. I had plans for that four hours (counting dinner and speeches!)eating up my day. All in all, it was seven hours. How does G do it, four times minimum a week?

Today is Downton Abbey marathon and my job for it was to make sweet cream scones. So at eight in
the evening I was combining the ingredients and

 

popping them in the oven. I am quite sure that they could be neater with more time and willing to put
the time in, but
 

regardless of the lack of pristine-ness, they taste grand.  It was the golf that made them suffer.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

So proud of you playing 18 holes! And minimal complaining! HA Gotta love it! Scones do look good...they are one of my favorites at Panera!!