Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Dress Rehearsal

G and I just got back from dress rehearsal for our Thursday night Murder Mystery Dinner Play. I stink but it lots of fun anyway. My part is pretty physical. I still got a couple days to improve.


I joined the 9 hole golf league here and this afternoon I am going to a new member social to welcome the new golfers to the league. Do I wear golf attire to it? Maybe carry my putter? I'll figure it out.

'Tutti Frutti Alleyway' is a fun quilt to look at.  I love the bright coloring.



Here is a closeup of the black detailing.  The quilter is Susan Bleiweiss
and it machine quilted with raw edged fusible appliqué.



The 'Teapots' quilt certainly caught my eye.  It was done by
Margarita Korioth.  Included in the techniques are appliqué, ink transfers,
painting, hand and machine embroidery, silk screen, paper lamination, beading
and both hand and machine quilting.



Takashi Kasuka did this quilt entitled 'The Thing I Was Looking For'.
It was hand pieced, appliquéd and quilted.



'Look To The West' was done by Leah Gravells.  It was machine
pieced and quilted with the quilt as you go method.



This quilt is made up of 3/4" strips of fabric.



This is another of Heather Preggers tuning fork series, called 'Tuning Fork #22: Dark Waters".



It is improv machine piecing and hand guided long arm quilted.



'Peaks and Valleys 2' was done by Maren Johnston

 

She too is using the black bias binding to separate her shapes and colors.
It was machine pieced and quilted.



Last up for today is 'Requisite Red' by Maria Elkins.  It too
is improv machine piecing and free motion long arm quilted.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Nice...can't wait to hear about the actual 'play night'...break a leg! OK, maybe just an ankle!