Monday, November 30, 2015

Our New Addition

Last summer Genie and I happened on a designer store that had this cool fencing which was a rebar fence filled with boulders and topped with a piece of marine wood,  I talked to the designer and we made a date to look at my deck where I was wanting a privacy and artsy feature on our back deck.



We got to talking and I told her how I saw the perfect thing in California  that was just propped up against the entrance



to a restaurant and was also a planter full



of wonderful succulents.  She looked at the pictures I showed her on

 

my computer when she came to the house to measure and said that she knew a guy
that could make that for us.

AND HERE IT IS!!!!



Newly installed and a perfect fit, I got home last week to approve the work

 

so they could get the final payment.  Isn't it fantastic?  It's seven feet tall and has holes in it for the terrific winds that come off the lake.  There are five of the steel weaves that are actually there for plants.

 
The bottom planter (which will be mainly styrofoam to fill up the depth of it) is stainless steel.  Yes, that is ice on the deck.



It is so fantastic that even tho' it's winter, I want to rush out there and put in some plants.  I LOVE IT!

7 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!

Maggie (daughter) said...

Wow! That turned out great!

SpikeMuffin said...

Just enough ventilation to let your neighbor's music sift through without having to look at them. Perfect. (I've blocked Walnut Creek from this post)

Claudia said...

Oh, Tommy, I love it. It is so you. So glad it turned out for you

Robbie said...

This looks fantastic!!! You showed some pics to us this fall but I love how it turned out!!! So cool!!! So Tommyist!

Gayle from MI said...

That is spectacular! They did a wonderful job of doing what you asked for. How refreshing!

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

That is really cool Tommy