Friday, December 11, 2015

Money Money Money

Let's discuss the piling up of change. Once I get a bee in my bonnet, it's hard to let go. I was bound and determined to get rid of this change. So naturally I went on line to get the job done.

For a mere $30 I got this change machine.  In theory it should have worked.




I emptied out one bank and after finding 'c' batteries, I got it to start buzzing and making
'working' noises.  That is as far as it went.  None of the money went into the paper wrappers.  I spent two hours on making it work but alas!  it didn't.

It is in the goodwill pile in the garage.  I can't even remember where I got it.  I think Brookstone which seemed to be relatively reputable but maybe not in this case.




I took someones advice and just did it the old fashioned way; by hand.  My hands were filthy after five minutes.  It took several washes to get through this amount of dough.  I can't believe how dirty change is.  Forget washing down grocery cart's with germ - a -fobe towelettes!!!!  Just refuse to accept any change back!!!!

5 comments:

SpikeMuffin said...

Don't use your good stemware when performing this task. Plastic cups are recommended.

SpikeMuffin said...

Don't use your good stemware when performing this task. Plastic cups are recommended.

Susan Turney said...

Well, crap. I feel like I led you astray! My counter doesn't have the paper tubes. It has plastic tubes that when full I pour into the paper ones I get from the bank or the dollar store. I love getting change and filling my plastic container up with all those rolls! It really does add up and someday I'll turn it in!

Mike said...

I don't want to say I told you so...but I TOLD YOU SO!!! You should listen to your sister.

Robin Koos said...

My bank won't even accept those paper tubes anymore. Instead they ask you to deposit all of your change into one of those counting machines, which spits out a receipt with the amount. All I do is take it to the cashier who just deposits it into my account. I took a whole gallon bucket full of change the last time I went in.