Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Bene's Of Opening My Big Mouth

I just made two cakes that I am infinitely certain that they did not work out. I have had the recipe for some time and finally got around to making it. It never set up, even after baking it for a good 20 minutes longer than it said to. I went over the recipe to see if I made an error and I can't see anything besides following the recipe verbatim. It's been 20 minutes and I inverted the cakes onto a platter and they refuse to come away from the pan. I have a creepy feeling that I am going to go to plan B in the next couple days.

 I was very surprised to get a personally delivered Christmas gift from our friend, Rich Miller.

 

He used to make Lemon Poppyseed Bread and pass them out for Christmas. I questioned him when he was visiting us in Florida (with lovely and my BFF Jayne) as to why he discontinued that tradition, especially since he was now retired. I can't even remember what he said as to that, but anyway, I
shamed him into giving us a deluxe, gorgeous and

 

now partially gone delicious gift. Eat your heart out!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

My friend in Florida gave me a recipe for lemon poppy seed bread (after she gifted me a loaf for my BD last year). It was/is fantastic! How great you get to enjoy as well! Wonder if I could quilt you into some food item! HA HA HA Yea, I didn't think so! Happy holiday's and safe travels. It's countdown isn't it!