Monday, December 07, 2015

The Business of Quilting

I have been plodding away at the quilting and piecing I have promised myself will be done before I head back to Florida after Christmas. Here's the status of those things partially finished.

This quilt came home as a quilt top. I have since quilted it and added the binding but as yet, haven't sewn the binding back by hand. It's a tv watching
thing.

 

This quilt top was finished in Florida too and is now on the long arm waiting for quilting.  It was also waiting for it's identical quilt top to be finished the piecing.  I finished that a couple days and now it




waits in line to be quilted.  If they are going to be quilted the same way, it made sense to do them both at the same time.



This quilt came from Florida completely quilted and even had the binding on it but not hand sewn down.  That was the last thing I did in Florida before heading north.  Now the binding is done



and the sleeve is on.  This is a closeup of the quilting.

I also sent off two quilts for shows.  One that was already made was delivered to the Texas Quilt Museum in La Grange, Texas, January through March of 2016.

The other big one I sent out has been received at a Museum that will be public knowledge as soon as
they tell me it can be.  It's the super secret quilt show that I was juried into.  It opens this coming August and I will be there at the opening.  I will tell you more later.

No comments: