Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Christmas Celebrating Is Upon Us!

Happy Christmas Eve! I will also say Merry Christmas, in case, with company coming tonight, I may not get around to it tomorrow.


Today will be a wrap up day for all the food preparations for tonight at my sister in law's and for back home here, tomorrow. Most of the stuff I have done so far has been things I have done before. That is except for seeding a pomegranate. I went to the Martha Stewart 'how to' website for a 20 second tut.

 

She has you cut the pomegranate in half, hold it over a bowl and hit the outside with the back of a
wooden spoon.

 

It does work but as it gets deeper into the fruit, membrane comes out too and it is actually easier, after the first few hits of the spoon, to manually take the deeper seeds out and it eliminates sorting through the seeds for the fiber that comes with the deep set seeds. I learned something new.

3 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Merry Christmas!

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Merry Christmas Tommy.

Robbie said...

Well, have to add my 2 cents! HAPPY HOLIDAYS/MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY NEW YEAR! Safe travels!