Friday, January 22, 2016

Winter Comfort Food

I decided on making a pot roast yesterday. I am guessing it's because of this 'winter' weather we are having. I can't remember the last time I made one. My mom made them a lot, and usually on Sundays for after church. Ah, what we remember.

 

I hemmed and hawed about whether to do it in the slow cooker but decided on doing the searing of everything on the stove top and then low and slow in a 275ยบ oven.  My timing was a bit off because we went furniture shopping yesterday afternoon and it ran a little long so the prep started later than I had in my brain.  I had to subsidize G for bad timing with a half a loaf of french bread and a bowl of fresh shaved parmesan and olive oil.  Every one was happy even though dinner was an hour late.



While all the washing, drying, washing and drying of the flannel, I decided to do some non thinking work for DFG.  I had some stuff cut out already and with the stuff that Claudia lined up for me



last week, I managed to get a few liners done.  It's a good start.  I have to buckle down this next week and get some quilting obligations done that are hanging over my head.  The time to get going is NOW.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

So how was the pot roast? We don't eat beef that often and it's a dish I forget to make! Thanks for the reminder!