Monday, January 18, 2016

Yardage

Our electricity went out again last night, smack in the middle of Downton Abbey. I was pissed. I had a mahjong playoff in the afternoon and a cocktail party at night so I didn't mind going to bed a bit early, but two days in a row?

 I am in the throes of doing lots of laundry and ironing.

At the time of this picture I had already removed the yardage from six or seven bolts of flannel.



I cut the bolt fabric into two and a half yards and them put them in a pile on the floor.  Then each pile gets washed and dried (HOT!) twice, and then ironed so that they can be cut into various dimensions for my DWG charity.  It's a bit daunting, but if you don't mind bundles of yardage all over your house, you just go with the flow and enjoy the process.  That is what I keep telling myself!!!

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

I was "gifted" scraps of flannel for this project. I washed and dried them yesterday. I would much rather deal with yardage!