Monday, February 15, 2016

Celebrating Heart Day

We had a lovely Valentine Cocktail Party last night for the Welcome club. Everyone brings a hearty appetizer or dessert and white wine. It is pretty brainless to put on as a hostess. My sister Mike helped and two of my BFF's, Patti and Joanne, made a punchbowl full of Cosmos. The bowl was surrounded with a ring of valencia oranges cut in heart shapes and topped with a cherry. I am mad that I got so into stuff that I neglected to take pictures. There was tons of food. For my part I did very little. I made this

 

Crabmeat Cheesecake that was a big hit. I ended up sending about ten copies of the recipe home with some of the guests. The total head count was somewhere between 60 and 70.

I also made baguettes topped with canadian bacon and cheese but never took a picture.



I ended up with making a 120 mini red velvet cupcakes, some of which were consumed before the party even got going.

I was a very fun time.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

Yum! Wish there were photos! And I hope the crabmeat cheesecake goes on Tommy Cooks!