Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finishing Up What I Started




There's a little less than a week to sign up for the 12" exchange. I have six participating so far and I will split us up into smaller doable groups.  Remember the exchange is a quilt that measures 12" exactly, one for each member in your group.  No sleeve is required.  If you end up wanting one, you will need to do that yourself.  The deadline to have the quilts in the mail to your other group members is Labor Day.  Let me know.



I finally got off my behind and saw the cute little iron caddy I showed you yesterday and decided to take a photo of it open.  It measures open about 18 x 15 inches.  I just think it's so cute.

 

While at the retreat I tried repeatedly to work on this new tote I fell in love with while attending the shop hop a couple weeks ago.  It didn't work out that I could finish it at the retreat because first I forgot the interfacing.  Then I brought the interfacing but ironed it on the wrong pattern pieces.  So I came home and finished it yesterday.  I think it's adorable.

 

It has two pockets on each side



and a pocket on the inside with a little tab for keys or whatever.  I think I will make it again.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Really cute tote...maybe we can make that together this summer at the lake. I like the iron tote also.

Robbie said...

I did say 'yes' to the 12", right! At least it's on my calendar!

Marybeth said...

With a small group will we get to know favorite colors or anything OR do we get to play with ideas and then gift them? I am excited about participating!!!