Thursday, March 17, 2016

Odds and Ends



If I was in Chicago today instead of tomorrow I would be able to see the Chicago River be green for the only day of the year.  Unfortunately, we are not going until tomorrow.  Oh well, I will figure out a way to celebrate on my one, with a ladies lunch thrown in for good measure.  After all, I have green food coloring!


 

This is the first sighting of a pink ibis or egret.  I couldn't tell what it was because it was in motion and I barely got off this photo, much less identifying the actual bird category to place it in.  It was a lovely sight.



I was very happy to see this brand of wine in the store.  It is Middle Sister and I too am a middle
sister.  I have Pat and Mike that are older than me and Molly and Sara that are younger.  I think I will keep the wine unopened for awhile and remain a prop in the kitchen butler's pantry.

1 comment:

Mechelle said...

I'm thinking that was a roseate spoonbill - beautiful birds and a treat to see one! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseate_spoonbill