Thursday, March 10, 2016

Retreating!



Our four day retreat started today.  This will be my first with this guild, the Friendship Knot Quilters Guild.  It is day sewers or stay overnighters.  I opted to go home as it was so close and anyway I have another four day retreat in April with the Sarasota Modern, which is in better facilities and so I opted to stay overnight there.

They really get into the theme here.  It is always quilt related .

 

  Lots of stuff 'bee' related are all over the place.  I opened this little wrapped gift that looks a bit like honeycomb and inside was a nice surprise.

 

It was a 'bee' mug rug wrapped around a stiletto, which always comes in handy if you are  a quilter.

 

This photo was taken to show the lovely snack table but I took it at my seat and it didn't show up at all.



I spent most of the day quilting some gerber a daisy's.






Linda, my partner in crime was working on a batik cat.  These 12 blocks were all cut out at the same time.

More later.

No comments: