Monday, March 14, 2016

The End Of The Line (Of Quilts!)

It is my turn to pick a restaurant for our Traveling Forks group to eat at tonight. I have chosen Wheat + Water Italian Kitchen.  I have heard good things about it.  We shall see.

Here's the remainder of the quilt projects I took pictures  of from the retreat.  There were tons more but if I continued to interrupt my work I would have gotten nothing accomplished!



This was a UFO that Cass finished up.  I love the colors.

 

Chris finished up this star quilt top.

 

Lynn made this cancer quilt.  I supplied the fabric for the inside border from my stash.

 

The blocks all have little critters in them; some easier to make out than others.



Patti made yet another One Block Wonder quilt.  This one was placed purposeful rather than random like the last one.




I made this iron caddy for my little iron that goes with me to sewing away from home.  It unbuttons to make a ironing surface; you can see the grey matter inside.  That's the stuff for ironing board covers and the inside of pot holders.



Janice took apart a quilt that she didn't like and remade it completely.  That's more work than I am willing to do!




Sue, who put together the retreat, along with helpers Sheila and Janice, did this Bethlehem  Star quilt.  I think that is what it is.

 

Carie made this purse and everyone wanted  her to gift them the colorful bag.

 

Kathy started this quilt over 20 years ago.  She had finally picked it up again and has a few more rows to add before the top is complete.  Maybe next retreat will see it finished up!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Nice show and tell!

Marion Caspers said...

Tommy, I am from Bavaria, former PAQA member ,I have some questions. Please send mail to: cmarioncaspers@aol.com