Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Girls Are Gone

We had a pretty interesting afternoon yesterday.  We got several alerts changing the flight time for my girlfriends to arrive in Chicago.  It was a little harried in the end but all is well and Peggy is babysitting her granddaughter Fiona, Anne is heading a presentation at work and Jean Ann is still sleeping.  Gordon is home and for a day (today) we are on our normal routine.  We have finished our walk, Bella is pretty much comatose and I am showered and ready to tackle the day, or at least lunch out with my pals here in the neighborhood.

This is more of the creations done this past week.



Peggy is working every now and then on these tiny pineapple foundation piecing squares.  I gave her some printed up and the fabric that goes with it years ago.  I believe they are 4" finished.  We are all suckers for little creations.

 

Anne, Linda and I opted to spend a day working on these tool totes.  As is par for the course, the instructions were a bit iffy but between the three of us we figured out how to make them.  I kinda screwed up on reading some directions wrong and it set us back a couple hours.  I gave them margaritas and all was forgiven.  Mine is the black and white one, Anns the black and blue and Linda did the orange and batik.



Here is a view of the insides.  They have pockets surrounding the inside and outside.  There are stays we purchased so that they will keep their shape.



Pretty nice, eh?  I fake filled it with stuff so you could get the idea.  I made my bottom a light color so that I could see the stuff on the bottom.

Yesterday we all decided to make microwave bowls.

 

They hold a bowl or something that is cooked in it and it helps remain hot.

 

They are lined with batting that is heat and cold sensitive.  I don't know if I will ever use it, but I have the bowl liner just in case.

 

Anne finished yet another quilt top.  We all love the juxtaposition of the blocks.  The direction of the ironing is of no consequence because the seams don't meet anywhere.



Jean Ann spent her entire week working on these.  This is not all she completed.  She couldn't fit any more on the design wall.  Believe it or not, each of these 18" blocks are the same pattern.  It is for a wedding present.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I love the tote...would it be possible for you to send me the pattern via email? If not, I can make it when you come back for the summer.

JustCallMeElle said...

I'm also wondering about the tool tote pattern. Is it this one by QuiltsIllustrated? http://www.quiltsillustrated.com/shop/Quiltsillustrated-Patterns/p/ps054-Tool-Tote-pattern-x9896871.htm

JustCallMeElle said...

PS - I love seeing the goodies you all worked on. Makes me want to run to my machine every time I read your blog. :-)

Gayle from MI said...

Yes! Do tell what the pattern name for the tote is. Love what everyone did!