Friday, April 15, 2016

A Few More Things

Kathy, my friend that hosts Stitch and Bitch, is visiting a new grandson in Indiana so I took over the reins and had S&B here. It was a nice time had by al.That broke up a while ago and now I am fed and back in the studio.



These are the two ingredients for making home made Best Press.  The formula is one ounce of potato vodka (hence the starch) to 8 oz distilled water.  It works wonderful and cost pennies!

 

I have to show of my Amaryllis in bloom again.  I am shocked that it has done so well.
The bloom doesn't last for long but it does re grow so that's a good thing.


 

This is the first baby quilt I have made with my gifted birds.  I have enough to make one or two more.  I am gonna put one bird on the backing of each one I make.

 

I was complaining to Linda that I can't get close enough to the take-up lever knee lifter.  She put her thinking cap on and told me that some people put on a piece of a noodle to make it fatter.  I did and it does!  Try it!  You'll love it!

3 comments:

Corky said...

Thanks for the noodle suggestion. It just might be the fix for me!

Gayle from MI said...

Thanks for the noodle suggestion and the best press knock off. A small group I am in was making a raffle quilt and one of the gals washed and pressed all the fabric. She used Best press. By the time I had the stupid thing all sewn together I had the migrain from hell! And I was tasting that smelly crap for days! It works great but like you, I thought it was way over priced and it stinks! I kmow there is an unscented but that is a matter of opinion!

pam in sw florida said...

Bernina does mae different knee lifters should one wish to order a differnet sized one