Saturday, April 02, 2016

About Last Night

We attended a dinner party last night. Everyone had something to bring. My part was appetizers. I made a brand new recipe and I think it went over pretty well. It was onion rings (1/4 to 1/2 inch)stuffed with guacamole

.  

You need to freeze these solid so I made them the day before and froze them on a sheet pan covered with waxed paper.  Then you set up a breading station consisting of flour, egg and bread crumbs and put each stuffed ring through the stations.  Then I put them back in the freezer because you could feel that they were getting warm.  When it was time I plopped them in a deep fryer  until



 

golden (making me a few minutes late to the party) but it was necessary and they tasted great.  I will definitely do them again.  They were very simple to make, as apposed to most labor intensive things I do.




I also took scallops wrapped in prosciutto and broiled.  Dinner was a wonderful pair cheese salad with lasagna and grandma's recipe of chocolate cake cupcakes.  We also played Hand and Foot.  It was a hoot.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I saw that recipe on FaceBook...wondered if it was any good...wonder if you could cook/fry ahead then reheat in hot, hot oven or broil???