Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I Got Shagged!

I am so mad at myself!   I forgot to bring the rug I finally finished!



Way back when I blogged about getting this pattern and a bunch of us girls
got together to make shaggy pillows.  I wanted to try the rug.  Well, there's a big
difference between doing a 12" square pillow top and a 24" x 36" rug.  About five hours
more!  I started it and then put it on the back burner until I was ready to go home and
the rug was for my daughter's bathroom up north.

 

So I spent the good part of a day sewing down the strips, 1/2" apart.  Finally I was done
and put it in the washer and dryer to become 'Shaggy'.



Here it is after the first was and dry.  I have no idea why it seemed to change colors
in the photo because it was the same olivey color and not this teal color.



Here's a closeup of the shag starting.  I washed it and dried it again but this time
I forgot it in the dryer.  That's where it will be until my return.  Oh well!

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

If that's the worst thing you forget I'd say you're doing pretty darn good!

Robbie said...

The mind goes first...but after that you won't remember what you forgot! Words of wisdom, I know!