Wednesday, May 18, 2016
I finally decided to tackle the thread work I need to do on the daisy before I head home. My friend Lynn told me to use a pretty rigid interfacing, either iron on or not. I chose Decor Bond and ironed it on, which was no small feat. I was shocked to turn it to the right side, only to see the daisy riddled with wrinkles!!! It was no good.
I started to gingerly take off the interfacing, inch by inch.
It eventually came off. I had a whole bolt of the interfacing so I cut a piece to fit the appliquéd portion of the quilt top.
I pinned it on the long arm as if it were a backing fabric.
It seems to work. I have done a little of the thread work each day. I have no comfort level doing it but it totally needs it to be done so I just bit the bullet and jumped in. I am about a fifth done. I have got to buckle down and do it.