Monday, June 27, 2016

A Bicycle Built For Two

I took the weekend off from blogging because I had a major headache due to the DAISY QUILT!




I took the plunge and cut the flower away from it's wrinkled background.  I tried to take Robbie's advice and iron and starch the hell out of it but I could just feel my pain after painstakingly quilting the background and having multiple oops! on it.  Just couldn't go there.  So, along with Marybeth, I decided to meld two separate quilts together.

The kids were here so I had some distraction and that was a help.  I long armed a new background quilt and was not happy with the outcome, which stunk big time.  I can't use the machine with out my sister being on the premises.  Literally, she doesn't even have to be in the room, or on the same floor or even in the house, as she likes to recline in the lake and doze a lot.  I just screw up by myself.

I did manage to quilt two baby quilts by myself tho'.  Hummm.  What's with that?  Now I am back to square one.  I have to go get more black and backing red and black fabric.  Sis is coming on Friday so hopefully I can see some closure soon.

Another big surprise; the daisy was literally simple to trim and tuck under all the petals in preparation  for sewing on a new quilt back.  The back quilt measures around 50" x 59".  Back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

We knew you would figure it out! Can't wait to see the final result(s)!