Friday, June 10, 2016

A Great Tip




Waiting for an avocado to ripen is a pain in the derriere.  But it doesn't have to be. You could pop the inedibly hard fruit in a paper bag and wait days for it to soften up, which I usually do., or you can have it today in as little as 10 minutes.
All you need is an oven, some tin foil, a baking sheet and an unripe avocado.
Set the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the avocado in tin foil, put it on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven.

Wait 10 minutes. It's a miracle.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to buy avocado's early, and bag them only to find them overripe by the time the designated time comes around to use them.  Yeah, you can thank me next time you need guac in a hurry.

I t is supposed to be 90┬║ today.  I can't figure this weather out.  I have a full day of errands which doesn't happen to me very often.  I would say that I need to go to at least ten stops.  G usually does this but he's booked for three days of golf, as shocking as that sounds.  I may just be lazy and catch up on shows and sew on binding.  I will also finish the remains of my job as chairman of 9 hole guest day.
Sunbathing?  No beach.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Really? Just pop the whole avocado in the oven? Hmmmm I will try that! Thanks!!