Thursday, June 09, 2016

Hitting The Links

I am up early to do some workout and then go to 9 hole golf that starts when I usually am rolling out of bed. And it is 55º out so that means I need to down a snowsuit. Come on, I am virtually a Florida chick!!! I have on long pants and will have a hoodie on because I checked out the forecast and by the time I get done with ladies lunch, it will barely be 70º. Yikes!

When mushrooms are on sale I am a happy camper. They are probably my favorite veg. I could eat my mushroom ragu (actually Giada's but I take full credit) on cereal.

.

 My secret is to simmer it for over an hour vs. her thirty minutes.

 

Remember when Anne, Linda, and I made this quilt a couple years ago?  Well, it's time for it to leave the nest.  My teen angel, Kelly, is getting married soon and I have decided to part with it and put it in a young household.  I normally give a scrap quilt but Kelly already has one for being one of my favorite young people that is not related to me.  Tommy, it's time to cut the cord.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Love that quilt! Really cool...will have to check out that mushroom recipe!

Gayle from MI said...

I would never mwke it in Florida. This is my kind of weather! That's a great quilt and great gift too!