Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Bicycle Built For Two

This is a horrible picture but I am in heaven this summer due to the return of the ground squirrels/chipmunks.  We have had foxes prowling the neighborhoods for a few years and because I have not seen or heard of fox sightings, I am assuming the population of the little critters




has returned because the fox population is no longer with us.  I know that ground squirrels are very similar to chipmunks but the chipmunks have stripes from head to rear end and the ground squirrels don't have stripes on their head.  Unfortunately this adorable little thing, on my studio patio, is so skittish that I can't get close enough to any of them to take a picture or even check out the stripes personally.  I love to see the little critters.  It makes me smile.

Speaking of smiling, I am on the cusp of finishing the DAISY.



This is the quilting of the black background I did before remounting the DAISY.  I find it delightful and it couldn't have happened without my Statler Stitcher on my long arm.



This part has been re painted and as of yesterday at 7:30 p.m. it has been completely




sewn around each dot and line.  I gotta tell you, some of these dots are less than a 1/4 inch!!

Oh, and by the way, the quilt has officially been named 'The @#*&^$# DAISY'.  I felt
it needed a hefty name.

I am going to face it tomorrow and will do the hand sewing the next couple nights while entertaining Laurel, my wonderful ex neighbor who will be there this afternoon.  Yeah!  Here comes the brides!

No comments: