Friday, July 01, 2016

Smashing

Busy day already! I have to head to GFS to buy snacks and stuff for the goodie bags for 9 hole guest day which is in less than two weeks. I need my hair to dry so I can curl it and I need to stop at JoAnn's for some ribbon flowers for our wedding veils. And I need to be home by 10 a.m. to greet my sister for the weekend. The kids come later.

I saw this on The Kitchen and it was made by Jeff Mauro (Chicagoan) and it looked good enough for me to try.

 

It starts off with a big ole' bread round.



I then cut the top 1" off and hallowed it out, making sure to not permeate the 'shell'.



I then spread the bottom with Dijon mustard,



followed by a serving of mushroom duxelle, that I made a couple days ago.



On top of the mustard I put swiss (not pictured and not in the original recipe; had to have it!)
and then dell roast beef, although Jeff cooked a tenderloin himself (over achiever).

 

Topped the meat with baby spinach,



and put the lid on it.  I wrapped it in three layers of foil



and proceeded to weigh it down with a cast iron skillet I can barely lift, and in that I put a foil covered brick and four hefty cookbooks.  It is to be like this at room temp for a minimum of 4 hours.  I will show you it later, about eight hours from now and won't give out the recipe until I know it isn't a dud.  That is the least I can do for you!!!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OK, we'll be patient and wait until this great dish is ready to be shared!