Monday, August 08, 2016

A Paint Job

This was the original photograph of a gerber daisy.  It try and



duplicate the stuff under the petals, I painted it on



using a stencil I cut out of plastic with a exacto knife.

 

It is rare that I hold onto anything like this as a month has gone by since I finished the quilt but for some reason it was pinned to one of my design walls.


 

So I took advantage of still having it and used many colors of paint to add it to the Daisy Stripping.  It will now go on a hiatus while I am waiting for the cording foot for my sewing machine.  It's time to tackle a Modern Quilt Guild Challenge that is due in September.  Onward and upward!!!

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see what you do with the center. The accent paint is very nice!